新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: 6646

学习 PSLE 动词词组的利器 - 闪卡来了!PSLE 英语必考知识点,共 250个短语 !新增2020年最新短语!$35/套送货上门

[复制链接]
发表于 半年前|来自:新加坡 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
brace for

The Omicron variant has shown itself to be more transmissible than Delta, and Singapore has to brace itself for a bigger infection wave than was seen with the Delta variant last October,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

小狮租房
turn away

With residents pleading for help while locked in their homes, and accounts of people being turned away from hospitals.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

put off

But after signing the package, she was put off by the consultant's lackadaisical attitude.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

beat oneself up

It's sometimes tempting to beat yourself up for not feeling sunnier – but there's good reason to embrace those grumps.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

pull one's leg

A lot of people thought I was pulling their leg when I told them I'd found a large marine reptile at work.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

run down

A 61-year-old man has been arrested for a rash act causing hurt, after he was filmed threatening to run down a security officer at Red Swastika School on Tuesday.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

abide by

As adults, we should set a positive example for our children in how we treat others with respect, and abide by the rules that are in place for the collective security of our school community.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

make ends meet

Her husband is a day-wage labourer but the soaring cost of essential items, particularly food, means they are suddenly struggling to make ends meet.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

immerse in

The contrast was stark between the hustle and work culture I was immersed in, and the slower pace of life of Stephanie's videos pulled at my heart.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

take off

Loh quit school at the age of 17 to pursue his professional badminton career, which took off in meteoric fashion last year after the Olympics.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表