新加坡狮城论坛

返回列表 发帖 付费广告
楼主: 6646

学习 PSLE 动词词组的利器 - 闪卡来了!PSLE 英语必考知识点,共 250个短语 !新增2020年最新短语!$35/套送货上门

[复制链接]
发表于 半年前|来自:新加坡 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
ride out

Vaccination rates climbed, enabling it to ride out the milder Omicron wave with less strict rules in place.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

小狮租房
step in

World governing body Fifa then stepped in, appointing a normalisation committee that has been running the game in Ivory Coast since December 2020.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

be teeming with

The idea is that the virus takes up residence elsewhere in the body, most likely in the gut which is already teeming with microbial life.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Everyday New Phrases

pass someone by

- if something passes you by, you are not able to take advantage of the opportunities it offers

Sometimes I feel that life is just passing me by.

As recently as six weeks ago, it seemed inevitable this would become another season to pass Felix by.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Everyday New Phrases

put up a good/poor show

- to do something well/badly

They put up a poor show against the stronger team.

Indeed, both managers and every one of the players deserved to take a bow after putting on a five-star show that will get, and fully deserves, glowing reviews.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

The wheels come off

And when the wheels fall off it becomes the coach's fault as no-one looks at the bigger picture.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

patch up

Phil Foden has his head bandaged
Foden needed patching up early in the game after receiving a stray arm to the back of the head from Felipe.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

run low

The surgeon has been busy compiling lists of which medicines are running low at hospitals in the capital Colombo.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Everyday New Phrases

feel for someone

- to experience sympathy and sadness for someone because they are suffering

I know what it's like to be lonely, so I do feel for her.

So many things are much more important in life than football, we feel for Cristiano and his family.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

second nature

Ten Hag needs to be given time to implement his ideas and bring about tangible improvement at a club for whom winning used to be second nature.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员 新浪微博登陆

本版积分规则

联系客服 关注微信 下载APP 小程序 返回顶部 返回列表